Light Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

January 15, 2012 · 7 comments

in asian,chicken/poultry,dairy-free,healthy,soups and stews

If you spend a few minutes around these parts, it’s not difficult to figure out that I love soups and stews. In fact, I can say with a pretty high level of certainty that I could eat soup every day of the week, and never get sick of it.

This recipe instantly stood out to me (and not just because Shawnda takes exponentially better pictures of soup than I do, though she does). I loved that this soup was healthy and colorful, and I always enjoy Asian ingredients like these (except when I was pregnant. You know how they tell you ginger helps with nausea? Yeah, ginger was the only thing that made me nauseous). The other great part about this soup is that snow peas are added in at the last minute, and they provide a great crunch and freshness to the soup. Soup is often mushy by nature, and this way you can get some texture without the addition of crackers.

This soup is light and fresh, but also manages to be filling. I absolutely loved it, and I can’t wait to make it again soon.

Urban Wife January 15, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Love this soup! My mom actually made it last month for Sunday lunch and it was incredibly tasty.

Casey January 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm

A warming bowl of chicken noodle soup that looks this good makes the day brighter.

Ann P. January 16, 2012 at 1:16 am

Chicken thighs in soup… OH HEAVENS! It sounds so yummy, especially with the snow peas (love those too)! Bring on the soup!!

Joanne January 16, 2012 at 5:33 am

I’ve been a soup FIEND lately and also tagged this from Shawnda. Chicken soup itself doesn’t really appeal to me, but an Asian riff? Now that’s something to crave.

Sara {Home is Where the Cookies Are} January 16, 2012 at 7:27 am

I love that you often post Asian-flair recipes. That’s a flavor my family tends to really enjoy. I could certainly use some lighter recipes – the scale was scary this morning after a weekend of cocktails, burgers, and Chocolate-Peanut Butter snack mix. . . . I also love that the crunch texture comes from peas instead of crackers. Great idea!

Eri January 16, 2012 at 9:31 am

I love this soup Elly, what a great twist on chicken soup!

Elise January 17, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Yum, looks good! I could also eat soup all week… as long as it’s different kinds, of course! Hard to pick a favorite kind of soup, so I like trying all new stuff.