First, does anyone know how to back your blog up? If so, I am definitely unaware. And, I’m worried that one day I’m going to lose everything in a crash of the world wide interwebs.
Second, I’m considering moving to WordPress, so if anyone knows how to easily do that, please let me know. They have an import tool for blogger but not vox (of course) and I really don’t want to manually move all my posts over there because I’m too lazy :)
So, moving on, I am going to fill out a couple memes. I got tagged first by Ashley and then by Peter and, to be honest, I don’t normally respond to these things even when I am tagged. I know, I’m terrible. Since my blog is moving a little slowly these days and it’s going to be a busy week, probably without many updates, I thought I better get to these. The list of questions is from Ashley; the five facts from Peter.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
February 1998–hmm, I guess I was roaming around my high school’s hallways :)
What were you doing 1 year ago?
February 2007–looking for a new apartment, I guess.
Five snacks you enjoy?
2. Almonds and dried fruit/trail mix
3. Graham crackers with peanut butter or Nutella
4. Greek yogurt with fruit or honey
5. Chips and salsa. And, I have a major problem with potato chips and onion dip. I only eat it about once a year because, honestly, I can take down an entire bag of chips and a huge bowl of dip in 20 minutes.
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to?
1. Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul (I am SO glad she performed at the Superbowl pre-show and that today I have had every Paula Abdul song stuck in my head at some point *note sarcasm*)
2. Jesus, Etc. by Wilco
3. Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads
4. I Don’t Know What I Can Save You From by Kings of Convenience
5. I Feel it All by Feist
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire?
1. Hire a chauffeur
2. Travel, travel, travel
3. Quit my job and just work part time somewhere else, or volunteer
4. Build a house
5. Donate more money to charity
Five bad habits?
1. I spend way too much time online.
2. I don’t go to the gym nearly as often as I should.
3. I hold pretty bad grudges. I shouldn’t, but I do.
4. See above statement regarding my lack of willpower for chips and dip.
5. I rarely make the bed. Tom is not a fan of this.
Five things you like doing?
3. Listening to music/going to concerts
4. Dining out at nice places
Five things you would never wear again?
1. Jelly Shoes
2. Tight-rolled jeans
3. Leggings. I don’t care how popular they are getting.
4. My really-fat clothes
5. Big bangs
Five favorite toys?
1. My ipod..even though it hasn’t let me upload any new songs in a year and a half.
2. My KA food processor
3. My computer
4. DVR. But, it’s also a curse. I have become addicted to more shows than I care to admit because I randomly record them for “something to watch later.”
5. Does Google Reader count as a toy?
Onto Peter’s meme. And, because I am a copycat, I am going to post a picture of myself as a toddler, just like Peter did. Look, I was already loving the kitchen! Oh, and Michael Jackson :)
Five Facts About Me
1. I hate whistling. The sound of whistling is 10000x worse than nails on a chalkboard to me. It makes me cringe. It makes me uncomfortable. It makes me cover my hands with my ears and run screaming.
2. Over the last several years, I’ve lost about 60 lbs. I have since put on about 8. First, I am finding it increasingly difficult to lose any more weight, and I need to (am I getting that old?!) and second, I am terrified of putting all that weight I lost back on.
3. On my first trip to Greece, I was 8 years old and while eating out, I would make my family members find me a bottle of ketchup–not an easy task at the time, apparently. Now, I never, ever eat ketchup.
4. My husband calls me a music snob. I own a ridiculous number of CDs–somewhere around 1200. When I was in college, I worked at a record store and also had 3 internships in the music industry. But, alas, my musical career never came to fruition post-grad.
5. I have a masters degree and I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but please feel free to add these memes to your own blog if you wish!
I’m currently having trouble displaying comments. Rest assured, I do receive (and love to get!) comments, but they are not displaying on the page. Please continue to comment and if you have a specific question, I will email you a response. Thank you!