Chipotle and Citrus Pork Tenderloin

June 17, 2012 · 12 comments

in healthy,pork

I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you for well over a year – or, at least, that’s how long it’s been in the draft folder in my blog dashboard.

See, the first time I made this, I made sure to document the recipe as I was going (I learned early on that when I didn’t do this while creating recipes, I forgot measurements and ingredients by the time I actually blogged them). The pork tenderloin turned out well, but needed just a few adjustments with the seasoning. After a few changes that made the recipe better, I made it again but didn’t get a picture. Once, I overcooked the pork. The time after that? Undercooked (by the way, I blame my oven/gas issues but that’s another store entirely). The second or third iteration of this pork tenderloin was actually the first bite of pork Zachary ever had, way back when he was probably about 11 months old.

Now he’s 2 and here it is, finally. (And, he still likes it.)

A quick scan of the ingredient list should clue you into why I like this recipe – chipotles and citrus. Yep, love them both, especially together. What can I say, I’m a fan of sweet heat.

I roasted the tenderloin this time, but you could definitely grill it. Like every time I roast a pork tenderloin, this went into my cast iron skillet and, post-sear, was joined by some sweet potato wedges and green beans to roast all together.

Blog is the New Black June 17, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I love love LOVE pork tenderloin….. always looking for new ways to prepare it! This looks fabulous!

bellini June 18, 2012 at 1:10 am

Pork tenderloin is a favourite summertime treat on the BBQ.

Joanne June 18, 2012 at 5:35 am

You are WAY more organized than I am when it comes to your drafts. If something sits in there for a year, there’s no way I have any idea what it is or where the recipe came from! So it usually gets abandoned. I love sweet heat also! Bring.It.On.

Karen | The Food Charlatan June 18, 2012 at 4:55 pm

You just described perfectly almost everything I post on my blog. My husband always wonders why I make the same recipe 7 times in a 3 week period. This pork looks awesome!!

Sarah June 18, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Chipotle and citrus pair so nicely together. I make a chipotle-orange vinaigrette and an avocado and grapefruit salad with chipotles. My boyfriend isn’t a big fan of pork, but I bet he’d eat it prepared this way.

Peter G @ Souvlaki For The Soul June 19, 2012 at 9:15 am

Pork tenderloin is just the best! Your “sweet heat” marinade is perfect too!

Ann P. June 19, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Wow that looks so good, I’ve got to make this soon! You really perfected this recipe :) Thank you so much!

Mary Ellen June 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm

This looks great. And your instructions of “Whisk together all of the ingredients except the pork tenderloin” made my laugh :)

elly June 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Haha. I didn’t feel like listing them all and you’d assume it was intuitive, but… :)

Oscar June 24, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I am marinating this right now. I could not find adobe sauce on its own, so I bought a can of chipotles in adobe sauce and used that sauce. I used the rest of the chipotles with some tomatoes, onions, garlic, lime juice and cilantro to make a nice little salsa which I am dipping chips in while tenderloin marinates.

elly June 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm

That’s what I meant by adobo sauce! I’ll reword it to make it clearer. Hope you like it!

{ 1 trackback }