Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Rosemary and Feta

September 9, 2011 · 9 comments

in potatoes

I’m pretty sure I could eat potatoes at every meal and not get sick of them. I’ll take them roasted, mashed, baked, in a (mayo-less) potato salad, fried, you name it. In fact, when I was pregnant I really craved only 3 things, and one of them was mashed potatoes (the other two were fried chicken and loaded nachos, in case you’re wondering. So, healthy all around).

Fingerling potatoes are a personal favorite of mine. They have a smooth, sort of a waxy texture, which I love, and they take a little less time to cook, too. They roast up nice and crispy on the outside and are tender (but not really what you’d call “fluffy” on the inside). The ones I used in this recipe were LaRatte, but any kind of fingerling (or, really, any kind of potato) will work here.

These are your pretty standard roasted potatoes, but they’re dressed up with a little fresh lemon and feta cheese. The feta is tossed with the potatoes after they’ve cooked, which allows it to get just a little softer and start melting into the potatoes a bit. Crispy roasted potatoes and any sort of warm cheese put me in a happy place.

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Rosemary and Feta

print Printer Friendly Recipe

1 lb. Fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
1.5 Tbsp. olive oil
2-3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled

Preheat the oven to 425.

Toss all the ingredients except for the feta together on a baking sheet. Roast for about 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through, or until tender with crisp edges.

Remove from the oven and stir the crumbled feta in, on the hot pan. Serve.

Erin September 9, 2011 at 8:32 am

I love roasted fingerings, and rosemary is one of my first go-to herbs for potatoes. I hadn’t thought of adding some feta, though, and I have a feeling that saltiness would be awesome!

Laura September 9, 2011 at 9:06 am

These look great. I usually roast my fingerlings with rosemary too, but adding feta never dawned on me. Sounds so delicious!

Nikki September 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

For some reason I always giggle when I say, read or hear “fingerling”. What is it about that word? :) I love them, as well, because like you said, they roast up very quickly. And, we can be potato sisters because they are most certainly a favorite of mine, too. Any form, any flavor, any setting. Give me potatoes and I’m also in my happy place. (Especially if they’re in the form of fries.) :)

Peter G @ Souvlaki For The Soul September 9, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Love the twist with the feta Elly…genius!

Joanne September 10, 2011 at 4:33 am

The way you feel about regular potatoes, I feel about sweet potatoes…which I think would be great in this recipe!

Caity May September 10, 2011 at 7:00 am

Mmmm… these look divine. And I’m with you Elly – any form of potato is A-OK in my book! I just bought some of those adorable purple potatoes (shame on me for not knowing what kind they actually were), but I bought them for the sole purpose of roasting whole. This may be the way to go!

Cate September 10, 2011 at 11:45 am

I’m totally with you on potatoes for every meal. I love them so much (especially roasted!)

Robyn {Planet Byn} September 13, 2011 at 10:58 am

i just made these – DELCIOUS. i used mini red potatoes and dried rosemary because that’s what i had around. the feta is amazing with the potatoes! put a fried egg on top and called it lunch!

elly September 13, 2011 at 11:09 am

Mmm awesome idea about the fried egg! Glad you liked the potatoes. :)