I admit, I’m a bit of a (ok a HUGE) slacker when it comes to memes and awards. It’s not that I don’t appreciate getting tagged or being given awards, because I do! It always makes me smile. Honestly, I don’t really have much of an excuse other than general laziness and the lack of creativity/thought when it comes to writing about myself. I mean, really, I think it took me the better part of a day to come up with my “interests” for facebook. 😉
That said, you obviously know I like music quite a bit, being that I started Eat to the Beat and all, so when my friend Ivy at Kopiaste tagged me for this musical meme, I stopped being a lazy bum and decided to fill it out.
The rules for the this particular meme are:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring (or whatever season). Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.
None of these songs are very new, really, because I have been way out of touch with the music scene as of late. I used to be a bit of a music snob (or maybe I still am) and had several jobs/internships dealing with music, but since then I tend to hear about music months after the fact. Still, I love it!
2. “Merry Happy” by Kate Nash. Kate Nash has a way of singing about some really terrible things she’s gone through in a fun, poppy way. Plus, I <3 the Brits! 🙂
1. “Oh My” by Office. Office is a local band that I’ve been listening to for the last year or so and they’re great. This is the song that ALWAYS gets stuck in my head. And to be honest, I don’t even understand half the words. Don’t you love singing along to a song when you don’t even know what the hell you’re saying? Me too.
3. “Side with the Seeds” by Wilco. Wilco is one of my co-favorite bands and I’ve just loved this song since Sky Blue Sky came out. I won’t tell you how many times I listened to it in a row last week.
4. “Hollow Man” by REM aka my other co-favorite band.
5. “Better Version of Me” by Fiona Apple. My husband always says that he doesn’t understand why I need such a big iPod, because really, the only CD I need on there is Fiona Apple’s Extraordinary Machine. It could be true. I am still listening to this album as much as the day I got it and this has always been one of my favorites.
7. “Oxford Comma” by Vampire Weekend. Music and grammar. If this song mentioned food, it would be a trifecta of my true loves.
I’d love to hear what you guys are all listening to! But considering how terrible I have been with memes, I won’t be offended if you don’t do this one! 🙂