This pizza was inspired by many things, including the following:
2. My love for goat cheese
3. A balsamic steak and caramelized onion pizza a friend made a week or two ago
4. My favorite salad which is baby spinach, steak, roasted red peppers, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette
5. My love for goat cheese
There are people in this world who do not like pizza, and I just cannot understand this. There are 1809430 ways to make a pizza and, really, pizza is just amazing. I have come to the conclusion that maybe these people have only eaten pizza at Domino’s or their school cafeteria. This is the only reasoning I have. They have not made their *perfect* pizza.
This pizza started out with half a package of Trader Joe’s refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough. I made two flatbread-esque individual pieces from that. I prebaked the dough for about 5 minutes this time because the last couple times I have used this dough it has taken longer to crisp up than I had hoped/wanted. This worked out well.
Each pizza was topped with the following:
– 1 oz of goat cheese
– 2 Tbsp mozzarella
– some fresh herbs and ground pepper
– about half of a roasted red pepper
– 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
– a handful of baby spinach
– 3 oz. of cooked flank steak, marinated in balsamic vinegar, a splash of soy sauce, a little olive oil, a sprig of rosemary and a couple smashed garlic cloves
We just ate this with some grape tomatoes and fresh basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar (hey, I had to get those antioxidants somewhere, since this pizza remained sauceless :)
I’m currently having trouble displaying comments. Rest assured, I do receive (and love to get!) comments, but they are not displaying on the page. Please continue to comment and if you have a specific question, I will email you a response. Thank you!