The problem with cooking almost every day of the week is that you get behind on your blog. Doh! Here’s a recap of a couple of Cooking Light recipes we tried this week. Both were good!
Cooking Light’s Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Madeira with modifications including:
1. Using marsala instead of madeira since I had it on hand.
2. Adding a little minced garlic and some mushrooms to the sauce.
We had it with wild rice and some spinach sauteed in a little lemon and EVOO, topped with toasted pine nuts and a sprinkle of asiago.
Cooking Light’s Farfalle with Creamy Mushroom Sauce with modifications including:
1. Adding 1 diced up chicken breast that I cooked in a little EVOO (I was making this dish for 2)
2. Adding just a tad (about an ounce) of prosciutto
3. Adding 1/4 cup frozen, slightly thawed, peas
4. Using whole wheat fettuccini instead of enriched farfalle, and making a little less because of the added ingredients.
5. Using asiago instead of parmesan
OK, so I would hardly call it Farfalle with Creamy Mushroom Sauce, post-modifications. But tasty nonetheless.
I’m currently having trouble displaying comments. Rest assured, I do receive (and love to get!) comments, but they are not displaying on the page. Please continue to comment and if you have a specific question, I will email you a response. Thank you!